SP Seeks New Editor
UPDATE: As of December 10th, 2019, the call for applications is closed while the Board of Directors reviews the first round of applicants.
Studio Potter (SP) is a monthly, online publication giving voice to the full spectrum of discussion and dialog within the ceramic arts community. SP is an online publication, allowing this position to be fully remote. The position requires 20-25 hours per week.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies:
- Deep knowledge of the ceramics field
- Research experience and competency
- Superlative writing skills
- Ability to work within a budget and meet strict deadlines
- Strong written and verbal collaborative communications skills
- High level of computer proficiency including Microsoft Office, Google Drive, Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of the Chicago Style of copy editing
- Publishing experience in print or digital format
- Experience with website management & design (additional Studio Potter training will be provided)
- Experience as a published author within ceramics and arts communities
- Undergraduate or graduate focus in writing or journalism
- Previous professional experience in publishing
- Manage all written and verbal communication with each month’s authors
- Edit all text to be published
- Format and upload all content to Studio Potter’s website each month, including images, text, and supplemental content
- Collaborate and coordinate with Studio Potter Director
- Participate in quarterly Board of Director conference phone call meetings
- Periodic travel to events such as NCECA, Watershed’s Salad Days, Arrowmont’s Utilitarian Clay conference
Send cover letter and resume to Jessica Detweiler at email@example.com. The position will remain open until filled, with an expected start date the first week of January 2020. (If a candidate is ready to begin earlier, the Director and Board can work towards an earlier start date.). Compensation is $20.50/hr. This is an independent, 1099 contracted part-time position without benefits. Studio Potter is an equal opportunity employer who welcomes applicants from across the social, ethnic, religious, and gender identity spectrum.